Thursday, July 29, 2010

Musée de l'Armée

Somewhere I haven't been but is on my bucket list is the Musee de l'Armee in Paris.

The Musée de l'Armée is a museum at Les Invalides in Paris, France. Originally built as a hospital and home for disabled soldiers by Louis XIV, it now houses the Tomb of Napoleon and the museum of the Army of France.

Here are a few teasers: (click on each picture to see more)










These interesting images are from fusiliers.com a site that unfortunately is broken these days so the onyl way to get to these pages seems to be by linking directly to them rather than to the main site. That is one of the problems with the internet nothing seems to last, excellent sites dissapear or become broken and are no longer maintained.....

2 comments:

Steve said...

Visited it a few years back, it's a very good museum. When you walk through the 1940 section the sound FX of a Stuka cut in - very loud and absolutely terrifying!

Rob Edgar said...

Very cool indeed, I always associate Musee de l'Armee with the Napoleonic era forgetting that there is more, I think I could get lost in there.

The closest I got was a few miles away in '81 but "she who must be obeyed" was not too amused so got no further, but I have plans in my mind maybe '15 would be a good time (or not come to think of it!)